Full course description
Aims to support a graduate researcher in taking an Islamic epistemological understanding and uses this in shaping an individual theoretical perspective and associated methodology. The sessions will focus on exploring theoretical perspectives, methodological approaches, and methods and techniques. The intention is to provide students with knowledge, understanding and the ability to conceptualise an Islamic epistemological approach that leads to theory and application. The sessions will focus on some core areas that are used in research relevant to Government.
Dr Mohammad Iznan bin Haji Tarip
Online forums will be used to support the scaffolding of knowledge, understanding and abilities. The teaching style will include video conferencing, discussion forums and activity based learning techniques. The focus of the teaching style will be determined through learning diagnostics, undertaken by students, which will identify learning styles needs. A cooperative learning framework is used as a means of supporting equity for both teaching and learning styles.
What you get
- Islamic epistomology for research methods for professional practice.
- Islamic Epistemology for Research Strategy and Design.
- Explore the nature and applicability of action learning for implementation modalities.
- Theoretical Perspectives for Research.
- Action Research Approaches.
- Analyse the significance of critical action learning in an organisational context.
- Writing Case Studies Validity, Reliability & Generalisabilty in Research.