Full course description
- The Islamic worldview: an overview of Islamic history.
- The Qur’an and the Prophet’s Sunnah as the foundation of Islamic life and thought
- The identity of the Muslim Ummah and its defining elements
- The tauhīdic epistemology: its meaning and role as the foundation of knowledge culture, educational systems & institutions in Islam
- Ethics in the Quran and Sunnah and the practical expression of these ethics in Islamic civilisation.
- Islamic globalism, the birth & development of Islam, its civilisation in the Malay world
- The challenge of modern knowledge to the Ummah, Islamisation of Knowledge and education as responses.
- Islam and contemporary global issues.
- Major achievements of Islamic civilisation in various fields.
- The impact of Islamic civilisation on the European Renaissance and the birth of modern Western civilisation.
- The impact of modern civilisation and colonialism on Islamic civilisation.- The global Ummah, its civilisation and its major branches: unity in diversity.