Aug 19 - Civil Service, Law & Government
Ended Dec 21, 2019
Sorry! The enrolment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
Aims to introduce the principles of governance within and its relationship to the Rule of Law. The foundation of good governance is adherence to the Rule of Law - the impartial and objective application of effective laws to ensure transparency, legitimacy and accountability.
Haji Mohd Rozan bin Dato Paduka Haji Mohd Yunos
Online forums will be used to support the scaffolding of knowledge, understanding and abilities. The teaching style will include video conferencing, discussion forums and activity based learning techniques. The focus of the teaching style will be determined through learning diagnostics, undertaken by students, which will identify learning styles needs. A cooperative learning framework is used as a means of supporting equity for both teaching and learning styles.
What you get
- Concept of Governance and Principles of the Rule of Law
- Legal-Governance Relations and Authority
- Court Structures/System in Civil and Criminal jurisdictions
- Decision-Making and Separation of Powers
- Judges, Courts and decision-making
- Accountability and Immunity
- Judicial Review
- Corporate Governance
- Statutory Boards
- Case laws