Full course description
The aim of this module is to Introduce students to business functions and theories of management, and be familiarised with the business functional areas such as finance, marketing, operations and human resource.
Dr. Annie Dayani is a lecturer at the School of Business and Economics UBD since 2001. She graduated from UBD with a Bachelor of Business Administration. Under UBD study exchange program, she has also earned a Diploma in European Management Science from University Kent, Canterbury, UK. Her Masters degree is Applied Information Technology from Monash University Australia. In 2013, she completed her PhD in Communication Technology at University of Queensland, Australia. Research interest include business and management, information systems and e-government as well as knowledge management.
Online forums will be used to support the scaffolding of knowledge, understanding and abilities. The teaching style will include video conferencing, discussion forums and activity based learning techniques. The focus of the teaching style will be determined through learning diagnostics, undertaken by students, which will identify learning styles needs. A cooperative learning framework is used as a means of supporting equity for both teaching and learning styles.
What you get
- Understand the Basic principles of business functions and theories of management.
- Describe the concepts, underlying theories and models in management
- Identify the challenges faced by leaders in areas related to business and management
- Analyse the practice of business and management in practical as compared to theory
- Interpret the result of analyses to produce a final report assignment
- Improve skills in working independently and as a team member.