Full course description
The aim of this module is to provide understanding of business opportunities and threats as well as the strategic and management issues that companies face in the electronic business environment
Dr Hjh Syamimi Binti Hj Mohd Ariff Lim
Dr. Hjh Syamimi Ariff Lim is a lecturer in School of Business and Economics (SBE) at University Brunei Darussalam. She earned her PhD at Brunel University, UK. She graduated from Edith Cowan University, Australia with Double major in E-Commerce and Management Information System, and Masters in Management Information System.
Online forums will be used to support the scaffolding of knowledge, understanding and abilities. The teaching style will include video conferencing, discussion forums and activity based learning techniques. The focus of the teaching style will be determined through learning diagnostics, undertaken by students, which will identify learning styles needs. A cooperative learning framework is used as a means of supporting equity for both teaching and learning styles.
What you get
- Understand the terms, concepts, and basic principles of electronic business
- Understand how to "enhance the digital" if it’s to survive and thrive in today's fast-moving world
- Demonstrate understanding of theory and apply them with current issues.
- Review electronic business applications in various settings.
- Evaluate the strategic decisions made by companies and organizations to participate in electronic business as an overall synergy.