Full course description
This module aims to provide students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to enablethem to discuss and critically evaluate digital photographs. The seconds aim is to develop students’ ability to create, edit and enhance digital photographs using a variety of techniques.
Dr Yong Liu
Online forums will be used to support the scaffolding of knowledge, understanding and abilities. The teaching style will include video conferencing, discussion forums and activity based learning techniques. The focus of the teaching style will be determined through learning diagnostics, undertaken by students, which will identify learning styles needs. A cooperative learning framework is used as a means of supporting equity for both teaching and learning styles.
What you get
- Critical analysis of images
- Photographic genres
- Digital SLR cameras
- Depth of field, apertures and speed (automatic and manual)
- Composition theory and practice
- Lighting theory and practice (studio & location)
- Working with black & white /colour
- Editing and enhancing
- Photojournalism principles and practices