Full course description
The aim of this module is to provide students with a new method of problem solving which is entrepreneurial thinking. This is a process for discovering and pursuing new opportunities while not being constrained by current dogma.
Dr Muhammad Saifullah Abu Bakar and Dr Malik Nauman
Online forums will be used to support the scaffolding of knowledge, understanding and abilities. The teaching style will include video conferencing, discussion forums and activity based learning techniques. The focus of the teaching style will be determined through learning diagnostics, undertaken by students, which will identify learning styles needs. A cooperative learning framework is used as a means of supporting equity for both teaching and learning styles.
What you get
- The unmet and unarticulated needs of the customer for formulating business models
- Teamwork, leadership and conflict management skills for effective and creative team management
- The fundamentals of effective oral presentation
- Basic financial accounting and its application
- Concepts of cost goods sold, gross margin, a bill of materials and their application
- Product finishing from start-up and development to final product
- The key aspects of marketing (i.e. the 4P’s and targeting) and their application