Full course description
To develop students’ understanding of the principles in accounting and the accounting system, from recording an operation in the books of accounts to preparing a complete set of financial statements.
Noor Amal Hayati started with her professional career as a Financial Accounting Officer in Standard Chartered Bank in 2007-2008 but in early 2008, due to a shift of interest, she accepted an offer from UBD as a tutor. She continued her master’s degree in the same year and has taught in UBD ever since; teaching accounting modules.
Financial regulations and reporting, Stock markets and its financial mechanisms & Managerial behavior in financial reporting perspective.
E-government, Transport Policy and Management, Public Sector Innovation, Science and Technology Policy Poverty, Corruption and Good Governance
Online forums will be used to support the scaffolding of knowledge, understanding and abilities. The teaching style will include video conferencing, discussion forums and activity based learning techniques. The focus of the teaching style will be determined through learning diagnostics, undertaken by students, which will identify learning styles needs. A cooperative learning framework is used as a means of supporting equity for both teaching and learning styles.
What you get
- Understand the global need and demand for an accounting system
- Describe the principles, concepts and underlying accounting equation to prepare the financial reports and statements
- Identify the financial users and the purpose for different kinds of statement.
- Analyse accounting data and apply the knowledge for differing nature of businesses.
- Apply the accounting principles and interpret the analyses in real business settings.