Full course description
The aim of this module is to explore the understanding of costing, cost recording, and effective ways of cost management and behavior in a manufacturing environment.
Online forums will be used to support the scaffolding of knowledge, understanding and abilities. The teaching style will include video conferencing, discussion forums and activity based learning techniques. The focus of the teaching style will be determined through learning diagnostics, undertaken by students, which will identify learning styles needs. A cooperative learning framework is used as a means of supporting equity for both teaching and learning styles.
What you get
- recognise various types of cost, understand its concept and management in an ideal manufacturing environment.
- identify the role, etiquettes and responsibilities of a cost accountant.
- understand the setting of budgets, traditional and modern methods of costing
- analyse the effect of profit and volume relationship in manufacturing industry.
- apply various costing methods to measure business performance and production cost.
- analyse budgeting and standard costing to boost productivity and efficiency.