Full course description
To develop students’ understanding of the principles in accounting and the accounting system, from recording an operation in the books of accounts to preparing a complete set of financial statements.
Online forums will be used to support the scaffolding of knowledge, understanding and abilities. The teaching style will include video conferencing, discussion forums and activity based learning techniques. The focus of the teaching style will be determined through learning diagnostics, undertaken by students, which will identify learning styles needs. A cooperative learning framework is used as a means of supporting equity for both teaching and learning styles.
What you get
- Understand the global need and demand for an accounting system
- Describe the principles, concepts and underlying accounting equation to prepare the financial reports and statements
- Identify the financial users and the purpose for different kinds of statement.
- Analyse accounting data and apply the knowledge for differing nature of businesses.
- Apply the accounting principles and interpret the analyses in real business settings.